Páginas

segunda-feira, 17 de novembro de 2008

Emiliana Torrini - To Be Free



A minha música do momento. Lindíssima, numa voz tão bela e singela com uma instrumentação que nos remete ás melhores influências do trip-hop. Mais uma islandesa de grande talento.
Aconselho vivamente, os álbuns "Love in the time os Science" (1999), álbum onde se encontra este tema "To be Free" e o seu mais recente trabalho de 2008 intitulado "Me And Armini".

To Be Free

Once in a house on a hill
A boy got angry
He broke into my heart

For a day and a night
I stayed beside him
Until I had no hope

So I came down the hill
Of course I was hurt
But then I started to think

It shouldn't hurt me to be free
It's what I really need
To pull myself together
But if it's so good being free
Would you mind telling me
Why I don't know what to do with myself

There's a bar by the dock
Where I found myself
Drinking with this man
He offered me a cigarette
And I accepted
'Cause it's been a very long time
As it burned 'till the end
I thought of the boy
No one could ever forget

It shouldn't hurt me to be free
It's what I really need
To pull myself together
But if it's so good being free
Would you mind telling me
Why I don't know what to do with myself

To pull myself together
But if it's so good being free
Would you mind telling me
Why I don't know what to do with myself

To pull myself together
But if it's so good being free
Would you mind telling me
Why I don't know what to do with myself.

2 comentários:

Óhraesisstrákur disse...

Nota-se a influência da Björk, mas tem imensa personalidade, não tem? O vídeo está brutal...
^^

Graduated Fool disse...

Curioso... vinha hoje a ouvir isto no carro e a pensar: "tenho de colocar isto no meu blog". É tão suave e, ao mesmo tempo, tão forte.